The town of Amboy was separated from Williamstown on March 25, 1830. The landscape is a mix of large reforested lands, rolling hills, and rippling streams. Small ponds and lakes also dot the landscape. The early settlers were involved primarily in farming. Hops were once raised in the northern section near Happy Valley. Throughout the years, the hamlets of Amboy Center, West Amboy, Cartersville, and Jamieson Corners all had small mills and shops. The early settlers were primarily of the Methodist and Baptist faiths.
5,309 total views, 8 views today